Saturday, April 21, 2007

No More Limbo

The Catholic Church has decided there is no limbo.

I'm a little sorry to see limbo go. I don't actually believe in it. (I'm a devout atheist. I don't believe in any sort of supernatural things.) However, it's just that sort of weird mythical thing that makes religion fascinating to me. (I do also enjoy the philosophical content of religions, but I consider that a separate subject.)

I actually thought about joining the Roman Catholic Church when I was a teenager. I didn't believe in Church dogma, but I figured it might be interesting to be Catholic. After awhile, reason won out. Then, I became interested in the Mormons.

In my 20's I had an idea about going through the motions of converting to several different religions (e.g., Catholicism, LDS, Orthodoxy, all sorts of Protestantism, all sorts of Judaism, Islam). I never did any of that, but I thought the experience could have provided the material for a good book. The title of my book was going to be The Faker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google