Friday, August 17, 2007

The Dollar Is Flat

The new Thomas Jefferson dollars came out yesterday. Though I strongly support dollar coinage and Jefferson is probably my favorite President, I haven't gotten to the bank to buy my TJ's yet.

I did do an experiment with one of my George Washington dollars, though. I've lived near train tracks for most of my life, so I've flattened several dollars worth of pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters over the years. I wondered what would happen if I put a GW dollar coin on the rail. Below are the results. I've included an unflattened coin for comparison.







I was a little disappointed that it wasn't flatter. You can even still read "IN GOD WE TRUST" on the side. I'm not sure if the coin fell off the rail before the entire train ran over it or if these dollar coins are just very sturdy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google