Saturday, April 21, 2007

Some Things I Froze a Long Time Ago


My digital camera (a Sony Cybershot DSC-P51 that I bought in 2002) is one of the most useful purchases I ever made. In the old days I probably wouldn't have wasted film taking a photograph of the contents of my freezer. (Well, I might have.) Thanks to digital photography, however, I've been able to freely document much of the minutiae of the most recent five years of my life. That's why I'm able to show you exactly what was in my freezer at 2:38 p.m. on January 24, 2004.
I recognize the Totino's, the bags of shredded mozzarella, the caviar, and the aluminum foil-wrapped hamburger patties as mine. The rest belonged to my then-roommates.
I don't know why I had caviar in the freezer. Surely I didn't actually freeze it. Maybe I had bought it very recently and it hadn't been refrigerated, so I wanted to let it chill before eating it. Or maybe I just put it in there to make the picture classier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google